Posted to alt.home.repair
Worn out Retread Worn out Retread is offline

Default Self-stick vinyl tiles on wall

"John61" wrote in message
In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with
self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I wonder
if they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity. It's hard for
me to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl tiles should be easy
to handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around vanity. Need some advice.

Thanks.

If the wall surfaces are well cleaned the tiles will stick very well. Don't
be tempted to use another glue in addition to the glue that is on the tiles
as they may or may not be compatible. I was the victim of such a practice
and it litterally took years for the the two glues to cure to the point that
they wouldn't move about and this was on a floor. I could have removed the
tiles to get at the other glue but the solvents involved to remove the glue
were such that I didn't want to risk the hazard presented and it would have
rendered the house unliveable for quite a while.
--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy