Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Function of component in flash tube trigger circuit?

"N_Cook" writes:

With 2 compact camera xenon tubes in series and a 1K, 10W dropper and the 2
camera trigger surfaces connected together to the existing trigger circuit,
it will reliably trigger the tubes to rather unstable continuous light ,
until I switch off , as 10W is not enough for continuous dropping.
I once triggered with the piezo gaslighter, proper trigger disconnected, but
didn't work the next few times.
The owner reported it would intermittently not work before giving up totally
, so I assumed it could not be a tube problem , well not gasifying anyway.
What can have gone wrong with the original tube ? Does the standing voltage
required to strike increase with age ?

Tubes can leak.