Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default slate roof - felt or not?

Mark wrote:
George (dicegeorge) wrote in message
what is 'close boarded' ?

This is, looking up at my roof from the loft
http://i32.tinypic.com/16kw9ds.jpg

The very best way to stop tiles being blown off. And limit arctic gales in
the loft.
And, in the context of a complete re-slate, not that expensive to do.

Well that does rather depend on the size of the roof, with the cost of real
wood and labour these days it could add considerably to the cost.

I built that roof in 1971 at the tender age of 26 I think the material cost
was about £300 for the wood and it was done without any electric tools just
a hammer and handsaw.

-