Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jeff[_7_] Jeff[_7_] is offline

Default Incandescent that avoids upcoming ban

Dennis M wrote:
In article , (Don
Klipstein) wrote:

In article , S. Barker wrote:

What's this bs about a ban? I've not kept up with the messages.

A recently enacted piece of USA Federal legislation bans manufacture,
sale and importation of certain incandescent lamps, starting in 2012.

Some (Republican) congresswoman introduced a bill last week to scale back
on that legislation and force Uncle Sam to keep its big nose out of
people's lightbulbs. I hope it goes through.

Why don't you just buy a couple cases of incandescants and keep them
with your 8 tracks. You seem to have missed the spiraling energy costs
and don't seem to care about waste. Well, it's been a great 7 1/2 years
for you hasn't it?

Jeff