Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Switch Operated Parking Brake

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:31:09 -0400, Pete Keillor
wrote:

It's called an "emergency break" because if you try to use it, you
create an emergency.

Years ago I read in Car & Driver of a rally driver who used the lever
type to force his front wheel drive rally car into oversteer to get
the tail out in corners. Supposedly he got around quicker that way. I
doubt the average hard surface driver should try that. I wonder if he
ever forgot to hold the release button in. Nahhh.

Pete Keillor

Worked great with VW bugs

Gunner

Especially if you installed the split control levers so you could apply
each one separately.
It's still a favorite item on stunt vehicles. One of the few ways you
can do reliable reverse 90 and 180 turns.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York