Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Woodchuck Bombs

On Apr 28, 6:03*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In ,

wrote:
There's a woodchuck living under my shed. Bugger burrowed under the
wall into the lean-to, then dug front and back doors to his home under
the main shed.

We used to use "woodchuck bombs" to kill woodchucks in the fields.
These are just glorified smoke bombs, woodchuck sized. Haven't seen
one in 20 years, and don't remember how they worked.

I'd like to toss one in the hole under my shed and suffocate the SOB,
but I also don't want to set the shed on fire... Anybody know if these
smoke bombs actually burn with open flame, get really hot, or what?

* The ones that I set off about 30 years ago worked by burning of a
mixture of red phosphorus and some oxidizer. *They do get hot. *There is
definitely a flame, though I don't see it. *The flame may be dim and
obscured by the smoke.

*- Don Klipstein )

Giant Destroyer, if its in a hole you wont have a fire, I used them in
my home, a basement to kill thousands of spiders, and I saw squirels
come out coughing, { it reallty was funny} the squatting ****ers
wouldnt leave. Its poison to you also, and I bet will kill termites,
as it killed a dirt basements million bugs as I rehabbed it. For a
basement, put in metal bucket, and that bucket in a metal bucket of
water, and leave for a day, No More Bugs, no more termites, you need
to use a pack or 2, and fume will kill ya, so run.