Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Cole Jaw Set CM021

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:01:45 -0700 (PDT), Kevin wrote:

I use a similar procedure as Mac had used although extended a bit. I
have finished turning several (8 or 9) bowls. I then set up the cole
jaws and do the bottoms. Then I set up the buffing system and do all
at once. For me it seems a bit more efficient. There is also that
small pleasure that comes with having several bowls finished all at
once and then carting them upstairs for the wife's persusal.

I've seen the light and changed my ways, Kevin.. lol

Since I started vacuum chucking a few years ago, I pretty much do one project at
a time, inside and out, unless it's something that needs gluing/clamping or I
just haven't decided what the next step will be..

I just got tired of the stacks of stuff waiting to have the bottoms done...
It's so much easier to unscrew the lathe chuck and screw the vac chuck on than
it was to mount those damn jumbo jaws..

I do, however, have a shelf next to the buffer.. It just seems natural to buff
several things on a wheel, then change wheels..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing