Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default wood glue, waterproof and cheap

clipped

Chopsticks, eh? You were thinking of hide glue, perhaps? Can still get
it and probably on line if you
do a google search. Chopsticks are wood? Bamboo? You might get a
better bond if you can drill a
fine hole in the center and glue in a toothpick ro something to bridge
the break. Gook luck ) Elmer's
would probably work as well as anything.

I don't think the OP was actually trying to repair chopsticks, just
using them as scrap wood to test the glue. I also don't think he let the
glue cure fully. Overnight isn't very long in the glue world.

Well, that's kind of like asking what is strong enough to lift a mouse
when you are planning on lifting
a truck with a mouse inside. In the case of the truck, an overnight
soak would probably allow the
mouse to survive if it finds an air pocket )