Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default What's the life of a carbon monoxide detector?

When they first came out at least one brand incorporated the "sensor" with
the battery. The sensor has somekind of "artificial" blood with
respospnded to the CO in much the same manner as human blood.

In any house with gas appliance you should have one or two CO detectors with
one being a "digital readout" type. These will show very small amounts of
CO such as what happens when you burn something in the stove. The response
to small levels gives you confidence that it will sound the alarm if the
need arises.

wrote in message
Our house is 14 years old.
This morning, we all woke up feeling dizzy and lightheaded.
The kids and adults ate different food last night, and we all feel
like this.

So I'm paranoid. I'm going to go get a new CO detector.