Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Refrig: Freezer-compartment-door sometimes open quarter-inch orso

On Apr 28, 3:26*am, (David Combs) wrote:
Sometimes, after someone has been rooting around in the
freezer part of the refrig, and when done pushes the
door closed, even "slams" it a bit, because of
how frozen food got moved around, it pushes the door
open a small bit, like a quarter or third of an inch or so.

Problem is, you don't notice it.

(The freezer compartment is *lower* part of this
refrigerator -- I like it that way, being 6'2"!).

Not so good, being open that "small" amount for, say,
overnight! * (*I* know it's potentially dangerous -- parts of food
near that leak goes from 5F to maybe 25F, still staying "frozen",
but it's different.

And if it actually gets some parts up to 40F for from anywhere
from 20 min up, before the door gets closed tightly,
and it goes back down to 5 above, well, it's not
a good situation, for sure.

---------------------------------

I'm sure mine isn't the only household on this newsgroup
that's had this problem from time to time, what with
all the family members who retrieve stuff from the freezer.

So, what kind of easy scheme do you guys use to make
sure the freezer door *cannot* inadvertently come open?

Maybe some kind of glued-on latch, maybe?

Anyway, I could sure use some ideas!

Thanks,

David

Does it slide in, then raise front metal feet so gravity helps it
close.