Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default Electricital question

How about using model rocket motor ignitors instead of the stun gun. We
have used propane and air to blow up beaver lodges (no envromentalist
flames, please). After pumping the mix into the air vent via a 2 inch
metal tube, we drop the low voltage wire pair, with igntor connected to
the end, down the hole and back off. Then simply connect the other end
to a 9v battery and "whoom". Since we are real chicken about getting
blown up along with the lodge, we back off as much as 150 feet and hide
behind a tree. The resistance of the 16 or 18 gage wire we are using
reduces the current flow too much to set off the the igniter, so we just
series up more 9 volt batteries until "she blows". This is really easy
to do with 9 volt batteries, because of the way the snap connectors
work. IIRC, 150 feet of 16 or 18 gage 2 conductore wire required 3 or 4
X 9 volt batteries.
'
Pete Stanaitis
------------------
PS Enviromentalists: don't even bother! If you are an "animal type",
just go argue with the "tree types". After the "cute litte beavers"
dammed up the creek, destroying 3+ arces of mature hardwood trees and
leaving anti-personnel and anti-tractor-tire pungee sticks all over the
place, it was a "no brainer".

SteveB wrote:

I want to run a stun gun arc from the box about 25 feet. What would be the
best wire to use? I want to use a two wire combo that is within one sheath,
like a light cord. For that high voltage, should I use something as common
as regular wire, or should I use solid copper wire.

I got my gopher blaster working, and having the button anywhere close to the
burrow opening is not a good thing. I had two blasts that were louder than
a .357 Magnum.

Steve