Scott Cramer

Default Replacing plastic resin cutlery handles with a more durable (dishwasher safe) medium

On 25 Jul 2003, bay area dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

your question takes the cake for the wackiest "project" I have ever
heard anyone on the Wreck muse about.

Nobody's going to argue with your experience, dave.

You can't be serious! You are
gonna screw around with 60 knife handles?? ? Why not buy a different
set or buy the same set and keep them out of the dishwasher, if that's
what ruined the first set.

Good options, all, dave. Question answered. Problem solved.

You could use the time that would have
been devoted to your knife handles to, say, curing cancer or solving
the world's hunger problems...

After reading your post, I hope he devotes his life to figuring out
why some people can't prevent their heads from lodging in the nether end of
their alimentary canals.