Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Refrig: Freezer-compartment-door sometimes open quarter-inch or so

"David Combs" wrote
..
freezer part of the refrig, and when done pushes the
door closed, even "slams" it a bit, because of
how frozen food got moved around, it pushes the door
open a small bit, like a quarter or third of an inch or so.

Happens. If the door is even, you may just need to adjust the feet better.
Most of them have feet that can screw out a bit to handle a slightly less
than even floor. You screw the front ones a little longer out and it helps.

If it's a rather old unit that doesnt have that adjustable footing, you
might be able to shim up the front about 1/4 inch with some sort of
coasters. These 2 are basically the same and really fast and harmless to
try.

I'll add you have some other problem with the seal but in an older machine,
you may be able to salvage it if whatever the others who know more than I,
is not possible for you.

(The freezer compartment is *lower* part of this
refrigerator -- I like it that way, being 6'2"!).

Grin, 5'1" and I too like the bottom freezer types since I don't need in
there nearly as often as the rest of the fridge! Oddly, they are rather
hard to find so when I got my last one, I had to go with a top unit.