Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default AC broken!

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
MiamiCuse wrote:

My AC is broken, as the temperature rise above the threshold I can
hear the click and the AC unit starts to have a small hum and also the
water dripping and static noises but no air blowing.

Does it sound like something common or I need a pro to diagnose? I
think I need a pro but no one on Sunday so have to wait till next
week, but if anyone has some idea of simple things to check would
really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

MC

Try posting your question at:

alt.hvac

You'll probably get lots more answers there.

Jeff (Can't resist...)

Hi,
What kinda unit? Central a/c, window mount? Ductless?
Sounds like motor capacitor is gone bad. This is easy fix.