Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics.electromag
[email protected] phil-news-nospam@ipal.net is offline

Default 280V motor on 230V circuit

|--http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

| I'd be suspicious that the 280V was a misreading somehow of 230V.
| that sounds more plausible.
|

| Misreading of 208V undoubtably, 208 is very common in commercial buildings,
| that and 277.

And where you have 277 you almost certainly have 480. But I suppose it is
possible to have 277 alone (is better to use than 120 for lots of fluorescent
lighting) or maybe even a 554/277 Edison style single phase split system,
where three phase distribution is not available and the higher voltage is
desirable for large areas of commercial lighting.

--
|WARNING: Due to extreme spam, I no longer see any articles originating from |
| Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers |