Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair
operator jay operator jay is offline

Default 280V motor on 230V circuit

"You" wrote in message
In article ,

wrote:

There are two different flavors of 220/230/240 volts. Some places
have a
simple system with one wire hot and one wire grounded. Other
places have
a split system where the voltage is split in half to get
110/115/120 volts
relative to ground, by adding a additional "middle" conductor that
is the
grounded one.

Sonny, you need to LEARN the difference between Ground and
Neutral......
before you spout any further BS.......

What he wrote looks reasonable to me in terms of ground and neutral.
Neutral is the grounded conductor where I live. He does not say to
use a ground as a neutral, if that's what you're getting at. I can
only guess that that may be what you're getting at, you haven't really
said.

[trimmed sci.physics.electromag]