Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home,rec.woodworking

Default wood glue, waterproof and cheap

In article ,
"johngood_____" writes:
I want a * low priced* ' waterproof ' glue to glue some wood together out
in the garden. Thats in all weathers, (London u.k. which means: rainy).

I went to Wickes and bought a tub of white PVA ' Waterproof ' glue. Gluing
some chopsticks together overnight and then soaking them in water for an
hour next morning, the glue lost all strength in adhesion. Have I been
robbed, and that could not really be called waterproof or am I asking for
too much?

Waterproof PVA (which is really EVA) is only waterproof as an
additive in a cement/mortar mix. I expect it says that on the tin.

--
Andrew Gabriel