Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics.electromag
[email protected] phil-news-nospam@ipal.net is offline

Default 280V motor on 230V circuit

In alt.engineering.electrical jakdedert wrote:

| I'm a little confused about a 230 volt circuit. In what part of the
| world does the utility supply 230v?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_power_systems

There are two different flavors of 220/230/240 volts. Some places have a
simple system with one wire hot and one wire grounded. Other places have
a split system where the voltage is split in half to get 110/115/120 volts
relative to ground, by adding a additional "middle" conductor that is the
grounded one.

--
|WARNING: Due to extreme spam, I no longer see any articles originating from |
| Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers |