Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics.electromag
John G John G is offline

Default 280V motor on 230V circuit

"jakdedert" wrote in message
. ..
Jamie wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:

On Apr 26, 6:14 pm, Jamie
t wrote:

Deodiaus wrote:

I have a broken pool motor [magnetek y56y] which will cost a bundle to
fix
or repair.
While doing a search on the web, I found the same model (really cheap)
but
wired for 280V, instead of the 230 V load that my wiring is supplies.
Now, I was thinking of buying the cheap 280V model and installing it
instead. Aside from rotating at a different speed and
maybe some power inefficiencies, are there any other drawbacks of
using the 280V model
instead?

are you sure it isn't 208 ?

--http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

I'd be suspicious that the 280V was a misreading somehow of 230V.

that sounds more plausible.

I'm a little confused about a 230 volt circuit. In what part of the world
does the utility supply 230v?

jak

Most except the USA and Canada and a few others.

John G.