BigJoe

Default Why I hate the Borg

Have you tried 84 Lumber on Milan Rd?

--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html
"Phil Crow" wrote in message
m...
I just read a post that got my blood pressure up regarding customer
service. I have a similar tale:

Last Saturday, I set out to cap my workbench as well as make a saw
guide, as I do not own a table saw. I also had to pick up a few odds
and ends (tube of adhesive, 1# of roofing nails, etc), so I decided to
go to the Borg because I knew exactly where those things were; I
figured, "What the hell...I'll pick up a sheet of 3/4 MDF while I'm
out." Yeah.

After wandering about the lumber section and not finding any MDF, I
asked the young child at the, uh, oh yeah! The Project Desk for a
sheet of 3/4 MDF. He told me that it was kept outside in the lumber
yard and I could pay for it, then drive around the back and pick it
up. Okay, no problem. By the way, how much is it? Eleven dollars a
sheet. Super.

I get to the front with my tube of Liquid Nails and my roofing nails
and tell the middle-aged housewife working the register that I need a
sheet of 3/4 MDF. "What's MDF?" So it begins.

After spending 10 minutes explaining to her (and the other lobotomites
in line) what MDF was, she pored over her cost code sheet and said she
needed to call someone. She did, and was given some explaination or
other and said to me, "All it is is particle board."

"Well, ma'am, it's not exactly particle board. You see, the wood
fiber--"

(Getting Snippy)"It's listed as particle board on my sheet here, and
all you have to do next time is ask for particle board."

Fine. So I pay the eleven dollars for the sheet of
listed-as-particle-board and drive my p/u around the back of the
store, where I have the exact same conversation with the lumber yard
guy. Finally, he tells me to pull around to door number 3 and they'll
load my materiel.

Guess what the loading hand tries to load into my pickup?

I spent another half hour trying to get my eleven dollars back. By
this time, I was seething. I was able to hold it together long enough
not to choke the manager of the store and got out of there.

So, anyone know of a source of 3/4" MDF in the Sandusky, Ohio area?

-Phil Crow