Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Electricital question

if you run two pieces of coax - maybe RG 58? you will get less capacitive
loss but still get the good insulation - alternatively buy a roll of solid
core ignition wire.

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Apr 26, 12:40 pm, Pete Keillor wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:38:17 -0800, "SteveB"

wrote:
I want to run a stun gun arc from the box about 25 feet. What would be
the
best wire to use? I want to use a two wire combo that is within one
sheath,
like a light cord. For that high voltage, should I use something as
common
as regular wire, or should I use solid copper wire.

Steve

Coax?

Figure on 30pF of capacitance per foot for coax. It will seriously
reduce AC voltage although with DC you'll get even more spark. i know,
having been bitten by 3' of disconnected coax that had been charged to
40KV.
You could try TV twin-lead.