Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics.electromag

Default 280V motor on 230V circuit

Deodiaus wrote:

I have a broken pool motor [magnetek y56y] which will cost a bundle to
fix
or repair.
While doing a search on the web, I found the same model (really cheap)
but
wired for 280V, instead of the 230 V load that my wiring is supplies.
Now, I was thinking of buying the cheap 280V model and installing it
instead. Aside from rotating at a different speed and
maybe some power inefficiencies, are there any other drawbacks of
using the 280V model
instead?

You mean the 120/208 VAC motor that was for sale on Ebay?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM