Posted to alt.home.repair
Dee Dee is offline

Default Making your phone ring

aemeijers wrote in
:

David Combs wrote:
In article ,
I am losing my bag phone next month and I bought a "geezer
phone" (jitterbug). It is $10 a month and 35 cents a minute for
folks like me that use about 5 minutes a month. No texting, no
weather, no MP3s.

Please say more about this $10/mo and 35cents a minute.

Sounds interesting to me -- only very rarely would a cell-phone
be useful for me (work at home), but the usual $70/mo for
something I'd never use seems pretty insane to me.

Thanks,

David

If Sprint has coverage in your area, I'd recommend a prepaid
Virgin Mobile over a Jitterbug. It works out to about 8 bucks a
month for me. You can buy cards to keep it topped up, or set it to
top up from a credit card automatically every 60 days or when it
dips below 20 bucks, whichever comes first. That was the plan 4
years ago when I signed up- I hear they have others now, but never
bothered to look into them. But I've been happy with the service,
reliability, and seldom run into dead spots. I have heard plenty
of horror stories about Jitterbug.

Another option is Page Plus. They use the Verizon network. The
minimum charge is $10 every 4 months, which gives you 80 minutes.
Calls are 14 cents/min and minutes will rollover when you recharge. I
have had them for 2-3 years now and am very satisfied with them.

Dee