Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Default Miter sled mounting--left or right? Opinions (or facts) appreciated

Bob Mc wrote:

I'm getting a miter sled for my Jet TS. The saw has a right-hand
extension table. The installation pictures show the sled and miter
gauge installed to the left of the blade. It seems to me that since
there is several feet of table to the right beyond the saw's table
extension, that having the long side of the material on the right
offers more support than having the waste part of the cut on the
right. The saw is left-tilt; I'm right-handed. Is there a reason that
a left-side installation seems preferred? I'm not sure what I'm
missing. Thanks.

Bob

Less kickback risk on a right tilt saw.