Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.energy,misc.consumers,sci.agriculture
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden.

Frank wrote:
Rod Speed wrote

The low carb craze has increased grain demands by increasing
demand for livestock. Ethanol demand came in time to rescue grain farmers from the decline of the low carb craze.

Wow. Eating a healthy diet is now a "craze"? You are aware that the hog fattening diet is exactly the same as the
USDA's food pyramid except for one more serving of grain, right?

Pig ignorant lie. There is no meat in the hog fattening diet. No veg either.

When farmers recycle the meat waste product back into the animal feed the consequence was mad cow disease.

Thats not how mad cow disease was produced. It came from
the use of scrapie infected sheep meat used in the feed for cows,
and that only happened in a few countrys, it wasnt universal.

Some countrys never did get any mad cow disease.

What do they do with the meat waste products now?

They dont let scrapie or mad cow infected meat get into the food chain anymore.

In the case of Papua and NewGuinea natives, they stopped them eating their relatives.

Yeah, eating grain is good for you. Right. That's why so many Americans are orca fat.

Nope, the problem is the amount of it they shovel into their mouths, not the detail of the form its in.

I think its both quantity and quality.

You're wrong. They ate plenty of grain in the days before the
epidemic of gross obesity. The problem is how much of it you
shovel into your mouth compared with how many calories you burn.

From what I understand, most of our meat, beef for example, are exclusively corn fed.

Thats just plain wrong.

There is no natural corn, only hybrid genetically altered

That last is just plain wrong too. And plant breeding
is what produced modern wheats and rice too.

and selected for high packing density, fast growth, resist diseases and pesticides and various characteristics to
suite the farmer's need.

Just like with all the grain crops too.

This genetic corn has low nutritious value

Wrong. Its used because it has a HIGH nutritious value.

and results in six times more bad cholesterol and fat than grass fed beef.

That number is plucked out of someone's arse.

It worries me when super strong pesticides kill the toughest weeds

No they dont, thats weedicides.

but couldn't touch the corn stocks.

Thats wrong too.

Further, chemicals, antibiotics and growth hormones are added to the feed.

Wrong again with growth hormones.

At one time, don't know about now, Europeans and even starving Africans refuse to accept corn for the US.

Yes, there are some fools that refused to eat any GM food.

Plenty of with a clue are happy to eat some GM food.

And everyone eats food thats the result of centurys of plant breeding which is
all about genetics, because there isnt any other kind except wild game and fish.

Alls I know is Americans are different when compared with decades ago to the present, relative of weight, health and
behavior

So is every other country on earth.

and I think it has to do with our food source in some way.

You're wrong. And every other modern first world country has got
the same obesity result that americans have, for the same reason.
Plenty of the third world countrys too, most obviously with pacific islanders etc.