Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder Fred Holder is offline

Default Cole Jaw Set CM021

On Apr 25, 2:08 pm, "Ian Malcolm" wrote:
"Lynn" wrote in message

... Preparing to purchase a cole jaw set sold for
Super Nova chucks, maybe the Cole Jaw Set CM021.

Since the new lathe, Jet 1014 only swings 10",
is this jaw set too large in diameter?

I think there is also a smaller cole jaw set,
but can't seem to "Google" out the collapsed
(retracted) diameter of this set either.

If it is handy, could someone please give me
a measurement or two?

Thanks in advance,
Old Chief Lynn

Why not consider alternatives such as the Longworth chuck which you can make
yourself for a few [pennies / cents]? Have a look at, for example,http://www.morewoodturning.net/lwc-wtm.htmor Google for alternatives.

Ian

Hello Chief Lynn,

As Ian says, the Longworth Chuck is an excellent alternative and you
don't have to change chuck jaws to use it. For the full list of
information on the Longworth chuck at my website to to http://
www.morewoodturning.net/chuck.htm. One advantage of using the
Longworth chuck is that you can make it to a size to fit your lathe.
However, I believe the Small Cole Jaws for the Nova Chuck will work on
your 10 inch swing lathe.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net