Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.energy,misc.consumers,sci.agriculture
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden.

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Rod Speed" wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
aspasia wrote:

Or rather corn ethanol demand was craftily engineered by
influential agribusinessmen in certain "heartland" states,
shoveling out their contributions to our beloved Congress-whores.
They did not care what ripple effects this would create in the
Third World, where people are now starving. Effects even felt in
our neighbor to the South, where the price of corn went through
the ceiling, affecting tortillas -- a standard food, like wheat
bread in the States.

There has never been a famine in a democracy.

Wrong.

Name one, if you would be so kind. I can't think of any.

He'll probably try to pull out the Oklahoma Dustbowl as an example.
snicker

--
Dave www.davebbq.com