Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.energy,misc.consumers,sci.agriculture
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden.

In article ,
"Rod Speed" wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
aspasia wrote:

Or rather corn ethanol demand was craftily engineered by influential
agribusinessmen in certain "heartland" states, shoveling out their
contributions to our beloved Congress-whores. They did not care what
ripple effects this would create in the Third World, where people are
now starving. Effects even felt in our neighbor to the South, where
the price of corn went through the ceiling, affecting tortillas -- a
standard food, like wheat bread in the States.

There has never been a famine in a democracy.

Wrong.

Name one, if you would be so kind. I can't think of any.