Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.energy,misc.consumers,sci.agriculture
Seerialmom Seerialmom is offline

Default Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden.

On Apr 25, 10:42*am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On Apr 24, 2:57*pm, h wrote:

But...are there really people in the US who still eat lots of grains, corn,
and rice? As a low-carber with a gluten sensitivity, I can't imagine that
stuff fed to anything but livestock.

Of course. *What ivory tower do you live in? *Carbohydrates are the
staple
food of millions of Americans.

Mmmm. *Nice chewy, crusty bread. *With real butter.

Cindy Hamilton

That's one of my definite weaknesses; fresh "Dutch Crust" bread with
butter. But it's only bought when it's on sale (reminds me, I keep
telling myself to look for a recipe, bread isn't that hard to make
from scratch).