Charlie Self

Default wild ass kitchen concept .

Montyhp asks:

Does it really have to totally cure before you could use the kitchen? I
have seen concrete cured with wet burlap bags to keep it damp. Could you
just keep wet towels on the countertop and use carefully? The towels would
keep the concrete damp and cushion from dropped dishes.

I doubt it. But I also doubt you'd have to wait 30 days. Concrete is
theoretically said to never quite cure, reaching certain percentages of cure
over specific periods of time. I've seen carpenters nail, with regular mild
steel nails, sole plates to concrete floors in 3 day "dry" concrete, walking
along the concrete, but being careful to stay off edges. IIRC, which I may not
after 20 years, a 30 day cure is for something like a driveway, or a floor that
is to get heavy use. Concrete continues to harden for years after that.

Charlie Self

"On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation
in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does."
Will Rogers