Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Barr Robert Barr is offline

Default Clothes Dryer - lube rollers?

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:57:58 -0400, RichK wrote:
Hi,

While I'm cleaning the lint inside the dryer and have access to the moving
parts, I'm wondering if I should lube the shaft on which the support rollers
ride. The only con I see, is that grease would attract lint.

What do the pros do?

Pull the cover and do proper maintenance, if any is required.

If you really want to try and do some maintenance, I suggest you do a
websearch for your dryer make and model and get instructions. At the very
least, you must remove the covers. There is nothing intelligent that you
can do until you have access.

Since he's discussing the roller shafts, it would seem that he's gotten
it apart...

I remember reading that these shouldn't be lubricated. I replaced mine
about eight years ago and it got rid of about 3/4 of the noise the dryer
makes when operating.