Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] silenceseeker2003@yahoo.com is offline

Default Dishwasher Broken - Which part should I order?

On Apr 25, 12:28 am, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:36:12 -0700 (PDT),

" wrote:
I have a Maytag QuietSeries 300 dishwasher, model MDB9600AWQ.

Several months ago, its display panel started acting funny (only part
of the green LED segments actually lit) but it continued working fine
- until today.

Today, when I tried to operate it as usual, pressing the Start button,
the dishwasher simply wouldn't react. As if the Start button was never
pressed.

The Delay button responds. All top buttons (the ones that select the
program type) respond. But the Start button seems to be "dead".

I searchedhttp://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/smartsearch.aspx
for a logical part (panel or control or something along this) and all
I could find was "Board, control": Item # 1173225 and Item # 1074739.

They are both expensive (around $100) so obviously I would like to be
certain which part I need to order in order to repair this problem.

Your help regarding which part is defective and needs replacement
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

Just order another new identical dishwasher. Start replacing parts
until it works. Then take back the rest of the new one and get a
refund for the parts not used.

LOL, as I posted yesterday, I have already solved the problem, using a
much less expensive method than the one you described:

It was the control panel, which can be ordered at PartsTap.com:

http://tinyurl.com/52smfo

Including S&H, it cost me less than $70.

Regards,
Sam