Posted to alt.home.repair
KD KD is offline

Default Dishwasher problem

On Apr 17, 10:34Â*pm, Red Green wrote:
wrote :

On Apr 17, 9:41�am, "Jeff" wrote:
Is the hot water feed to thedishwashercopper all the way? For me
thedishwasherhas a rubber hose that clamps onto the water pipe
under the sin

k.
It would be quite easy to disconnect the hose and tell for certain if
wate

was flowing through the copper pipe or not.

"KD" wrote in message

... On Apr 15, 9:51 am, KD wrote:

On Apr 14, 11:06 pm, Red Green wrote:

KD wrote

.com

:

Oh, sorry, didn't read that right.

Handyman guy was just here, took a quick look and has deemed it
coincidental that thedishwasherfailed at the same time of the
faucet

replacement. I'm not sure what to think of that, seems VERY
coincidental Anyhow, thedishwasheris still under warranty and I
have

fortunately found the receipt. Whirlpool technician is coming
on Thursday.

KD
and has deemed it coincidental that thedishwasherfailed at the
same time of the faucet replacement.

LOL! Is it ever any other way?!

thedishwasheris still under warranty and I have
fortunately found the receipt. Whirlpool technician is coming
on Thursday.

Oh this outta be good. Both will be pointing the finger at each
other.

KD, be sure to follow up on this after the Whirlpool tech comes
by.

*sigh* Yes, pointing their fingers at each other is what I'm afraid
of, because if no one will take responsibility, only one party will
be on the hook to pay - and it won't be either one of them. -

text -

OK, Whirlpool guy just left. He says it's a water supply problem! My
response to that is *duh* - I know that there's no water. But he
tried replacing a valve in thedishwasherbut that did not fix the
problem, tech says there's nothing wrong with thedishwasher.

It's unbelievable how a tech can have such poor diagnostic skills..

Maybe he was a handyman before he advanced his career.

With a reported problem like this, after checking the obvious, like
supply valve under the sink open, float indishwashernot stuck, I'd
disconnect the water supply line at thedishwasherand see if water
will flow into a pan. Â* If it didn't, I'd show it to the customer
demonstrating that it's not thedishwasherthat's the problem. Â* Â*Why
the moron would waste time changing thedishwasherwater valve is
beyond me.

My husband is the one that's home looking after this. Next step is to
call the handyman back, see what (if anything) he can do about the
apparent plumbing issue!

Some other details:

When handyman was putting in the new faucet, he could not get the hot
water valve to turn off the water all the way. I did not want to take
the time and money to repair that at this time, so I told him to just
turn off the water main to do the work, which we did.

Since having this problem, handyman says that the work he did
couldn�t be the problem, as thedishwasherhot water tap is below the
water turnoff for the sink, which in theory means that thedishwasher
gets water supply first. The sink still does produce hot water.

Handyman also says in feeling the copper pipe on the other side of
thedishwashersupply valve, it�s hot, so water is still going into
it. I don�t think it�s THAT hot, maybe the valve could be toast?

I was SO wanting to get mydishwasheron the go again today! *whine*

KD- Hide quoted text -

My dishwasher works! Yay!

Whirlpool sent out a tech from another company for a second opinion.
This guy, while rather crabby, pulled out the dishwasher, poked at the
floater valve underneath a couple of times...and it worked! He isn't
sure if there was merely a kink in the line or or the floater thingy
was stuck. Since he couldn't prove it was the line, no charge for the
service call. I wouldn't think the line would have had a kink though,
how would it have suddenly developed one without being moved around?

Anyhow, I don't really care. It works!

KD