Rob Stokes

Default wild ass kitchen concept .

thirty days to cure, but not to dry. You could peel the forms the next day
and slap plywood on top untill the hardness started to come up....

Damn....this could be fun.

Rob
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Montyhp" wrote in message
I've thought about concrete, too. Everything I read says that it is a
"complicated project" that must be done by an "experienced professional"
(Dr. Evil emphasis added). I haven't done much concrete work, but I

would
think that building forms is no more complicated than the woodworking

skills
of the average rec.woodworker and a few bags of readymix are just not

that
expensive. The biggest risk is that the kitchen would be down for a few
days longer than necessary if I had to bust the thing up and haul to the
dump.

What am I missing?

I am not an expert. But I have seen a couple programs on it. Both of the
programs stated that the concrete takes about 30 days to cure. It didn't
look that hard to do. If you followed the procedure exactly, you should

be
OK. But you wouldn't have a kitchen for month.

The quckest, cheapest way for a granite countertop is granite tiles.