Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default searching for lawn mower repair advice

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:33:42 -0700 (PDT), gpsman
wrote:

On Apr 24, 10:52 am, BobK207 wrote:

What has happened to it since it last ran properly?

In my ICE experience (not extensive, but substantial) this type of
problem always seemed to be fuel supply.
-----

- gpsman

Don't know if your engine is a two stroke or four stroke. If two
stroke, and it is an older engine, it is quite sensitive to the
oil-fuel mix ratio. A bit too rich and what you have just experienced
will happen. My lawnmower, gas trimmer and snow thrower went through
all the cleaning and adjustments in their time. All three couldn't
have the same sickness. So I figured it must be the oil-fuel mix
ration (all three have different ratios). That fixed their problems.

Mix a correct fuel batch. Dilute a cupful of the mix by adding double
the fuel. Start the engine with this low oil mix and run to burn off
the excess oil. If it runs smoothly for two minutes top up the gas
tank with the correct mix and run some more. See if that solves the
problem.