Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden.

In article , Frank wrote:
Norminn wrote:
wrote:

The second paragraph in any article about ethanol addresses the water
needed for processing. I
live where water has been an issue for a long time. What is truly scary
is that everyone and their
cousin is howling about the price of oil/gas, and yet not a word about
conserving. Not a word
about modernizing transport systems to haul trucks across the country by
rail rather than air or
interstate.
Of course, more expensive fuel and food might make some cut back and
help change the problem
with so many children becoming ill from obesity. Gardening is one of
the most enjoyable and healthy
activities I know of, but when one depends on it for food it might not
be as relaxing. Don't bother with
Japanese beetle traps - just pluck them off and kill 'em.

Use of fuel for food is pure stupidity. Studies have shown that the
fuel you get out is about equal to the energy you put in.

Although you raise other valid points, the lack of energy gain is now
mainly rumor that keeps getting passed on rather than truth. It was
supported by one study since debunked for assuming that all corn
production requires irrigation.

- Don Klipstein )