Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] silenceseeker2003@yahoo.com is offline

Default Dishwasher Broken - Which part should I order?

On Apr 20, 10:09 am, "
wrote:
On Apr 19, 2:16 pm, "Jeff" wrote:

See if you can download the service or installation manual. When my Maytag
was installed I was looking at the installation manual and noticed by
entering some special codes (pushing the buttons in a certain sequence it
would do some self testing, etc. If I hadn't been home the manual would
have been trashed. Maybe yours has a similar feature.

I did that. The Manual Function Test, which may be started by pressing
the NORMAL WASH key
5 times followed by the START key within 6 seconds, cannot be started
because... you guessed it - it requires the START key - and the START
key is dead. LOL :-)

The Sales Floor Demo Mode, which is started by pressing the EXTRA
RINSE keypad 5 times within 6 seconds, works well (except that green
LED segments are only partially lit, see previous posts), but it
cannot be stopped because... you guessed it - it requires pressing the
START key - and the START key is dead. LOL :-)

Thus, my original hunch that it is not the door switch but rather the
START key seems to be reinforced by these tests. I can only hope that
it is indeed the control PANEL and not the control BOARD.

I will let you know once the part comes in...

Regards,
Sam

And the answer is... :-) :-) :-)

Sure enough, it was the panel. I paid under $70 (including S&H) for a
totally brand new panel and it works beautifully. I am very happy. :-)

Thank you all for helping out with this issue.

Sam