Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden.

clipped

Total BS! Rice is not used to make ethanol in the US and rice land is not
used for growing corn. Rice like most other commodities has been in short
supply mostly due to emergence of China and India as wealthy world powers
while the US dollar declines in value affecting everything, world wide,
especially energy. To blame ethanol for the worlds problems is absurd.
Ethanol is a fraction of the problem and mainly affects corn and related
things like raising pork and beef. In no way does in account for rice, fish,
copper, aluminum and a thousand other things that have seen runaway prices.

BTW, when was the last time you put any ethanol in your SUV?

Of course rice and corn aren't the same. But with the use of corn for
fuel, pressure is on both supplies
and prices. Not to mention WATER, which is already a problem in many
areas of the US........Nevada,
Arizona, California, Georgia, Florida......

I have enough today of everything, but I am truly worried for my kids
and grandkids. Asia is increasing
in both population and prosperity, which will place more and more
pressure on all comodities. The
once great US of A is in hock up to it's eyeballs, jobs are leaving, and
nobody will be able to afford to
keep us boomers in the manner to which we have become accustomed )

We've been talking about oil prices for thirty years.....admiring our
freedom from paying the high prices
that Europeans have paid for a long time. Scrap the school buses, pack
a sandwich and send junior off
to a decent school that can hire enough cops to keep the peace and let
teachers teach. We need some
brainy kids to get through college, take on intellectually challenging
problems and take care of us when
we are old. We're going to live a long, long time )