Montyhp

Default wild ass kitchen concept .

I've thought about concrete, too. Everything I read says that it is a
"complicated project" that must be done by an "experienced professional"
(Dr. Evil emphasis added). I haven't done much concrete work, but I would
think that building forms is no more complicated than the woodworking skills
of the average rec.woodworker and a few bags of readymix are just not that
expensive. The biggest risk is that the kitchen would be down for a few
days longer than necessary if I had to bust the thing up and haul to the
dump.

What am I missing?

Noel Montgomery

"Rob Stokes" wrote in message
s.com...
I'm not doing a kitchen right now, but when it's time you can bet I'll be
looking at a poured-in-place concrete countertop. Why? I have no idea but
for some reason I just want to try and make one.

Rob

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
s.com...
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:22:31 +0000, Mike Hide wrote:

First of all there is not enough room to swing a cat in. the countertops
are formica or at least the equivalent and I would like to repalace

them
with the cheapest solid material that looks good and is the cheapest,
granite, slate ,marble whatever ,anything but corianor similar. most
economic recommendations appreciated.

DAGS on +concrete +countertop. Lotsa pics and ideas, and you did say
"wild ass" ;-)

-Doug