Posted to alt.home.repair
bonnie bonnie is offline

Default Need Fence advise: Wood + Chain link

"Mike Paulsen" wrote in message
: Jon wrote:
: (snip)
:
: To everyone that suggested an
: electric fence those are expressively forbidden in my area as are
barb
: wire and chicken wire.
:
: You are not going to tear out your existing fence and install an
: electric fence, making your yard look like a cow pasture. That is
likely
: the intent of the ordinance. You already have a fence and I doubt
anyone
: is going to notice (much less complain) if you string some wire on it.

An "Invisible Fence" has a wire running under ground. The dog wears a
special collar. If you're not wearing the collar you can't get the
shock.