Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.energy,misc.consumers,sci.agriculture
Frank[_9_] Frank[_9_] is offline

Default Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden.

U.S. Rice is abundant. We grow twice as much rice as we eat. Sam's Club is
rationing only ethnic rice. Ordinary long-grain, white rice is cheaper
than dirt - take as much as you want.

That maybe the case in your area, but we couldn't find any either at the
local Sam's Club or Costco stores. No Texas long grain or other type of
rice. I'd checked Costo again yesterday, the shelves were empty of rice as
usual for the last few weeks, lots of beans though, LOL. Rice prices are
very high and if I'm not mistaken, it has already triple for the year.