Posted to alt.home.repair
dicko dicko is offline

Default The great ant invasion of 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 01:29:58 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:00:48 -0400, Norminn

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:24:35 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:18:41 GMT, wrote:

I get ants every spring, no big deal. But WOW! I've never seen them
totally devour every speck of Terro and still keep coming!

I suspect the ones that keep coming are not eating the terro.

Terro takes a few days, but it works. Some of the ants take it back to the nest.
There may even be an increase in ants when you first put it out, because it
attracts them. Be patient.

When I have used it, the ants surround the drop of Terro like cattle
around a cow tank.

Those will be the same ants that cover a lump of sugar. There are lots
of ants that don't eat sugar.
The ones I have these days don't seem to eat anything I can determine
because I make a bait with whatever I find them eating.
They do leave the dog food alone now and that was my biggest problem
with them.

For those ants that dont eat sugar, this stuff works well:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ad...bait-p-39.html

I'm battling them too and they snarf this down quick.

-dickm