Bill Wallace

Default wild ass kitchen concept -flat screen

Concrete counter tops are all the rage now. Lots of books and articles
on how to create great finishes and can be cheap if you do it
yourself.

"jbaron" wrote in message ...
I have seen a flat screen made by Compaq that stores horizontally. Pushing
on it causes it to slide out and pop into the vertical position. The only
place I have actually used/seen this is in a rack of servers where they
share a common keyboard and screen. So this is part of what can easily be
$100k worth of equip. I do not know if you can buy these screens
seperately, or if they are even available to the general public. The only
thing I can say for sure is that they do exisit and that it would be very
slick idea in the kitchen.
JB

"Mike Hide" wrote in message
I am thinking of redoing our kitchen, I redid the whole thing many years

ago
and am now tired of it .

First of all there is not enough room to swing a cat in. the countertops

are
formica or at least the equivalent and I would like to repalace them with
the cheapest solid material that looks good and is the cheapest, granite,
slate ,marble whatever ,anything but corianor similar. most economic
recommendations appreciated.

Bookcases ! my wife wants a bookcase to put her cookbooks on and there

flayt
is not enough space anywhere .So here is a question for the
nurogeekwoodworkers . Is it possible to have a pulldown flatscreen, that

has
access to cookbooks on a Cd or the like that I could even load the family
cook book into ,suggstions amd directions would be appeciated ...mjh

--
mike hide
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2