Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Buffing Question

"Ralph E Lindberg" wrote in message
In article ,
"JD" wrote:

Seems I recall someone stated that there was types of wood that it is
best
not to use one of the buffing compounds on (the diamond, I think). Anyone
have experience with types of wood that they found was best not touched
by
one of the buffing compounds? I'd rather learn from your mistakes than
from
my own.
Asking primarily because I've some beautiful walnut bowls nearing ready
for
buffing and was afraid that the diamond compound could mar the finish.
Any
help will be appreciated.

JD

I avoid WD on dark open-pore woods like Walnut, as there is a tendency
to leave little white specs on the wood

--

if you want a mirror shine, you build up some lacquer on your object, then
wet sand down to 600 and then buff - I just use automotive polishing