Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Help with bench grinder

"randyswoodshoop" wrote in message
On Apr 23, 7:23 am, "Ken Nuzum" wrote:
I am stuck and need some guidance or directions. I have an 8" bench
grinder
and I need to change the grinding wheel. I have had no success in getting
the nut off the shaft in order to remove the old wheel (still usable, I
just
want to have to grits on the unit). Any suggestions on how to loosen the
nut
without damaging the grinding wheel?
I have no idea of manufacturer nor do I have any type of instruction
manual.
Bought from Woodcraft about 5-8 years ago.
Thanks in advance.
Ken

Most have a left hand thread...is that doesnt work this is always
oil...

Most with 2 wheels have left and right hand threads depending on the side
you are working on.