Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Help with bench grinder

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

"Ken Nuzum" wrote in message
news:Nrydnaa035XTt5LVnZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@massilloncab letv.com...
I am stuck and need some guidance or directions. I have an 8" bench
grinder and I need to change the grinding wheel. I have had no success in
getting the nut off the shaft in order to remove the old wheel (still
usable, I just want to have to grits on the unit). Any suggestions on how
to loosen the nut without damaging the grinding wheel?
I have no idea of manufacturer nor do I have any type of instruction
manual. Bought from Woodcraft about 5-8 years ago.
Thanks in advance.
Ken

Left hand thread?

On the left side, right hand thread the right side.