Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default gas prices, was Rear fold down ramp for trailer. (Is solid ok?)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:42:57 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:43:54 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

Two years ago we took our '05 Echo on a three week trip, no effort at
mileage, AC on etc. and covered 4200+ kilometers on 251litres of gas
for47.8 miles per imp gallon (39.8/ USG)

If I remember correctly the Echo was phased-out and replaced
by the Yaris. I don't know if I could get used to the funky
instrument cluster in the center of the dash though.

I was discussing that with a mechanic friend today as he showed me his
new project car ( 1925(?) four door, number matched, original paint,
model "T"). I learned to drive on a centre cluster Model "A", and, to
me, that is the proper place, out of the line of site, but where you
should get used to looking when faced with persistent high beams.
Yes, they did chop off the "boot" in '06 and revert to the European
name, but brought back the "boot" in '07 when they discovered that
here in North America, we have more parking space, not like senior son
in Walthamstow, where there is no such thing as double parked. On his
"Close", a double parked car is automatically triple parked, blocking
the street from "pavement" to "pavement"

But if I was in the market for a vehicle I would seriously
check out the Yaris. Getting 40 mpg is hard to beat. Another
new vehicle that looks interesting is the BMW Mini-Cooper
Clubman. See:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=121869

The base price is kind of high though...

Last base price with which I am totally familiar was the '67 Valiant
at $2150.00. I managed to get mine up to $2500.00, of course this was
before SWMBO discovered Air Conditioning. Since then, I have let her
take care of the budget.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada