Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Help with bench grinder

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:37:01 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"Ken Nuzum" wrote in message
news:Nrydnaa035XTt5LVnZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@massillonca bletv.com...
I am stuck and need some guidance or directions. I have an 8" bench grinder
and I need to change the grinding wheel. I have had no success in getting
the nut off the shaft in order to remove the old wheel (still usable, I
just want to have to grits on the unit). Any suggestions on how to loosen
the nut without damaging the grinding wheel?
I have no idea of manufacturer nor do I have any type of instruction
manual. Bought from Woodcraft about 5-8 years ago.
Thanks in advance.
Ken

Left hand thread?

On one side, right?

ok.. substitute "correct" for "right"... lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing