Posted to rec.woodworking
asmurff asmurff is offline

Default Help with bench grinder

Liquid Wrench and most likely left hand thread. Two small blocks off wood in
a c-clamp should hold the wheel without damage if the nut is on that tight.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"Ken Nuzum" wrote in message
news:Nrydnaa035XTt5LVnZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@massilloncab letv.com...
I am stuck and need some guidance or directions. I have an 8" bench grinder
and I need to change the grinding wheel. I have had no success in getting
the nut off the shaft in order to remove the old wheel (still usable, I
just want to have to grits on the unit). Any suggestions on how to loosen
the nut without damaging the grinding wheel?
I have no idea of manufacturer nor do I have any type of instruction
manual. Bought from Woodcraft about 5-8 years ago.
Thanks in advance.
Ken