George

Default TSP was: Saw blade care

Close, you neglected one stage. The algae has to die, then become a
consumer of oxygen.

If we could have pumped the gray water from our washing machines to the
lawn, as I am doing as I write this between loads of wash and sanding, we'd
have conserved water and fertilizer, and made bright green lawns.

Did'ja ever go write an obscenity in fertilizer on a lawn? Feeling old as I
remember that. Also feeling old as I remember that I used to limit out on
BIG tasty perch on Lake Erie in the days before algal blooms....

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
George writes:

Dilute your "real" TSP heavily and throw it on the grass. It's not

banned
because it's toxic, just the reverse - it's fertilizer.

As I recall, the problem came with sewage discharges into waterways, which

then
had so much algae bloom that the water no longer held oxygen for fish.